Sunday, June 14, 2009

PROCLAMATIONS FROM CONGREGATIONS OF THE CURIA

GIVE RISE TO DEEP SADNESS


I weep for all of us who proudly claim the name of Christian;

I weep especially for all people who have an orientation towards the same sex;

I weep for the desecration of individual Temples of God in the name of a purity code (read idol);

I weep because of our blindness to God – even blind and deaf to our incarnate God-man;

I weep with those who are weeping for what is lost: food for the soul: teachings, healings; forgiveness and nourishing empowerment in, with and through the Spirit;

I weep for all those Catholics who are filled with pain by the huge gulf between
Love-as-I-have-loved-you
and the actions which emanate from the energy centres of ‘power and control’: silencing, exclusion, excommunication.

I weep for those few mighty ones -- yet really fragile males -- who have found their way to the top of the Ivory Tower;

I weep for all with authority over an-other but endanger or hasten the death of spiritual and physical lives;

I weep for all victims of violence and abuse – especially the youngest, the oldest, the most vulnerable of persons;

I weep for 2000 years of baby steps, yes crawling along, instead of walking tall because we are as gods! (Ps.82:6 + Jn. 10:34)

I weep for those – especially women – who don’t even know they should be weeping;

I weep for those few, the remnant, living full lives through, in and with Christ;

Finally, I weep with Christ till the tears dry up and I find peace with knowledge that Light will ultimately penetrate Darkness.



Rosemary McSharry


No comments:

Post a Comment